UW Seattle's Streaming Reserves Policy - October 2013
The Libraries has been offering an online audio and video streaming course reserve service since 2008. Requests for streaming have increased thirtyfold since that time making it necessary to impose some limits on the service. The following changes to the Libraries streaming service at UW Seattle are now in effect:
- A maximum of 25 videos may be requested per class. A maximum number for audio files has not been set. Such requests will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
- 10 or more students must be enrolled in a class for it to qualify for the service.
- Feature films will no longer be licensed. Documentary films will be licensed to the extent possible.
The following preconditions must still be met for a request to be considered:
- Requests must be made by a UW Seattle instructor for their credit bearing and degree-program affiliated course.
- Requested titles must be required viewing or listening for all students in the class.
It may take as long as 5 weeks to process your request, so please submit your request early. And even if all preconditions are met, we may not be able to stream requested titles due to a pre-existing request queue and/or exorbitant licensing costs.
Streaming Free For All
Check out our page of freely available streaming video resources.