This research guide lists some of the resources you may want to use for your constitutional issues assignment in Mr. Gaul's & Mr. Shepard's class. Later in the school year this guide will expand to include additional sources that will be helpful when you work on your research paper.
You need to have a UWnetid in order to access any of the links that have a lock icon. You will also need one if you want to check out books from the UW Libraries. If you don't have a UWnetid you will have to use these links at the UW Libraries.
Have questions or need research help? Please contact Theresa Mudrock, the history librarian, via email at email@example.com
Many of the databases you use to find academic articles (such as America History & Life) will have a cite option where you can just cut & paste (or send yourself) the article citation in MLA format. For additional information and examples of MLA format see:
Practicalities If You Visit
- Check our hours before visiting especially if you plan on using Special Collections.
- Parking can be expensive -- never visit on a Husky football day.
- The UW is big. Check out the campus map.
- If you don't have a UWnetid: Guest computers are limited. Bring a laptop if you have one and ask for guest wifi access from an Info Desk.
- Bring a flash drive so you can download articles.
- You will need to buy a DawgPrints card to print or photocopy.
- Ask for help at any Info or Reference desk. Staff there can get you started on your research and answer questions.