About this Guide
This guide outlines basic resources that will help guide you through the publishing process. Below are links to pages with specific information, or, you can select from the tabs above.
- Finding A Journal - How to identify journals that publish articles in your subject area and how to locate submission guidelines for them.
- Guides on Publishing - A selection of books on scholarly publishing.
- Publishing Directories - Current directories of publishers (both book and journal) with contact information.
- Copyright & Authors' Rights - Questions to consider when signing a publisher's contract, general resources on copyright, authors' rights and open access.
- Journal Impact/Citation Search - Definition of "impact factor" and resources that allow you to perform a cited reference search.
- English Subject Page - Resources for research in English language studies, British and American literature, and other literatures written in English.
How the Library Can Help
Librarians are here to help you navigate the various stages from conducting research to the publishing process. See your subject librarian to arrange a consultation. Also, the following selected services may assist you with your research needs:
- Research Commons - Events designed for Graduate students on various research-related topics
- Grants & Funding Information Service - Advises Graduate students on locating and using resources to find internal and external funding opportunities.
- Citation Guides & Tools - Citation style guides, citation management tools, writing/grammar guides and links to UW writing centers.