What's in the Guide
Use the tabs above or links below to locate specific dictionaires or resources pertinent to the study of English language. If you have questions about research methodology or specific resources for a research project, please contact Faye directly or use the "Ask Us" options above for assistance.
- American English - specialized dictionaries and other resources for the study of American English.
- English Etymology - dictionaries and other resources for the history of the English language and use of terms over time.
- Linguistic Corpora -
- Old & Middle English - dictionaries and other resources for the study of Old and Middle English.
- Other English - specialized dictionaries for English in Canada, Australia, and New Zealand.
- Slang - dictionaries that focus on informal vocabulary and use of the English language.
- Websites & MetaSites - resources for locating information on the English language on the web.