How do I find electronic books available through UW Libraries?
How do I find online books available to me through the UW Libraries? | Time - 01:39 | Play Video
How do I use EBL ebook library?
Learn how to use EBL Ebook Library. | Time -- 2:46 | Play Video
How do I use Ebrary?
Learn how to use Ebrary to find ebooks! | Time--3:45 | Play Video
Find eBooks in the UW Libraries
The UW Libraries has a growing collection of electronic books covering all topics. The best way to find a specific eBook or eBooks on a topic is to search UW WorldCat.
- Type in the keywords that describe your subject. For example if you are looking for e-books on the history of slavery in Africa type in: history slavery africa
- When searching for a specific book use quotations around the first few words of the title, e.g., "transformations of slavery"
- Too many irrelevant results? Use the toolbar on the left to narrow down your search. You can limit by format, author, language, publication date, etc.
- Need help? Use one of the ask us! options linked at the top of this page.
1. I'm getting print books in my search results. How can I limit my results to eBooks only?
Use the eBook format option on the left toolbar to omit printed books from your results.
2. The search results page says that the Univesity of Washington "owns this item" but when I click on the title to find the link it says "No Links were found." What can I do to get this eBook?
This message comes up with recent eBooks that we are acquiring through our Summit library partnership. If 19 or more of the Summit libraries have the ebook, then you can usually still access the ebook by choosing the Portland University option in the list. Eventually the UW link will appear and work correctly.
3. The eBook I want is not available at the UW Libraries. What can I do to get this eBook?
Most eBooks are not available to borrow from other libraries. A print copy of the book may be available at the UW Libraries or you may be able to request a print copy via Summit or WorldCat Libraries. To find the printed copy of the book, click on the link, "View all editions and formats" located a couple of lines below the title on the screen that has the full information about the book.