What is RefWorks?
RefWorks is a web-based service designed to help you manage your research. With RefWorks you can:
- create your own database of references;
- export references from article databases and from the Web;
- share research with others; and
- generate citations and bibliographies as you write.
RefWorks is available to all UW users through the University Libraries' online subscription.
Why use RefWorks?
RefWorks is a good choice for your citation management needs if:
- you need to work from multiple computers or locations;
- you are working on a group project or need to share citations with others;
- you would like to access your citation manager on a mobile phone or PDA
To compare RefWorks with other citation tools supported at UW, see the citation comparison chart.