Welcome to the library webpage for COM 442, History of Media Technology & Regulation. This webpage provides resources to help you find more information on the themes and topics of the course.
Most of the databases on this page are restricted to UW students, staff and faculty. These are marked with a lock . To connect to these databases from home you will need to first click on the Off-Campus Access button in the upper-right hand corner and login with your UWnetid.
Have questions or need research help? Please contact these librarians:
- Jessica Albano, the communication studies librarian, at email@example.com
- Theresa Mudrock, the history librarian, at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Glenda Pearson, the newspaper librarian, email@example.com
- Cassandra Hartnett, United States Documents librarian, firstname.lastname@example.org
Logging in from off-campus (from the UW Libraries Website)
- Database alerts. Library databases will email you when articles that match your search are added to the database.
searching. If the UW Libraries subscribes to more than one database
from a company, you can usually search those databases at the same time
(ex. Search these EBSCO databases at one time: Academic Search Complete, American, History & Life, Business Source Copmlete, and Communication & Mass Media Complete) Note that you may loose some search functionality specific to a databases (ex. limiting a search to time period in America, History & Life).
- Connect to 24/7 real-time, online question service
- Search Google Scholar, but be sure to set your "Scholar preferences" first. Find Library University of Washington and select applicable options.