Welcome to the library webpage for COM 442, History of Media Technology & Regulation. This webpage provides resources to help you find more information on the themes and topics of the course.
Most of the databases on this page are restricted to UW students, staff and faculty. These are marked with a lock . To connect to these databases from home you will need to login with your UWnetid.
Have questions or need research help? Please contact these librarians:
- Jessica Albano, the communication studies librarian, at email@example.com
- Theresa Mudrock, the history librarian, at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Glenda Pearson, the newspaper librarian, email@example.com
- Cassandra Hartnett, United States Documents librarian, firstname.lastname@example.org
Need Research Help? Ask Me!
Have questions or need research help? Please contact Jessica Albano, the communication research librarian:
- Database alerts. Library databases will email you when articles that match your search are added to the database.
- Cross-database searching. If the UW Libraries subscribes to more than one database from a company, you can usually search those databases at the same time (ex. Search these EBSCO databases at one time: Academic Search Complete, American, History & Life, Business Source Copmlete, and Communication & Mass Media Complete) Note that you may loose some search functionality specific to a databases (ex. limiting a search to time period in America, History & Life).
- Search Google Scholar, but be sure to set your "Scholar preferences" first. Select Library Links and search for University of Washington. Select University of Washington - Full-Text @ UW